Thursday, April 12, 2012

Proud Mommy....

 I need to take a moment and tell the WORLD, how incredibly grateful I am for my first five children.  I have to say, I don't know many children who already live with a lot of other siblings, where money is already tight, things are sacrificed already so that their MOM can stay home to raise them *things like dance class, hobbies, lessons, clubs... you know things most kids want to be apart of*  where handi-me-downs are an exciting thing or from someone else.... I don't know many children who would say, "MOM AND DAD, YES! LETS ADOPT ANOTHER CHILD!"  One more person to share Mom and Dad's attention.


BUT MINE DID! Not only to ONE MORE CHILD... but THREE, very needy, very sick *at first*, very traumatized and I dare say out of control children, that needed a home and love. MINE DID!!!! My amazing five children said, " YES! " they could not see us turning them away. *as we couldn't either*

My children did not just say YES, they have been a HUGE help in healing these children. They are great role models for the younger three. They help me keep them busy into good activities... they help me all the time and any time without any complaint! I am so thankful that they have such love in their heart and are so welcoming to these three, that they TRULY CLAIM as their LITTLE BROTHER AND SISTERS! :) Its such a beautiful thing to witness.


These three children came to us emotionally behind a couple years, my son is ADHD *severe*, all three have post traumatic syndrome, they had the start of reactive detachment disorder, they had anger/fear/sadness in them to work through, they have fine motor skill issues, language issues, speech issues.  The list of trauma and things they experienced were unthinkable....







Through a lot of patience on all our parts, love and therapies, they have come so far, changed so much and truly do fit and belong with us :) They have HEALED :) Their therapist says its a miracle and they do not need to see her anymore. :) SO THANKFUL FOR THAT!!! I still see healing and changing every day.... :) again ... such a blessing to see and witness.




I could of never done this on my own. People ask me all the time,"  HOW DO YOU DO IT? " my answer is always the same.... "IT HAS TAKEN ALL OF US"
One year ago... these three little children came into our home and hearts.... and today... they are different... they are happy, they are loved, fed, nurtured and they feel SAFE!
 I have always wanted them. *the last three children we adopted* I have always known they were missing... and my first five children tell me all the time that....    THEY KNEW TOO! :)
Now we are complete!

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful family. You've done well Karine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so awesome! Not only to be proud of your children but of you too and for what you have given your three newest children. That is so awesome! Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really amazing. You have every right to be proud of your children, and you should be really proud of yourself for raising them to be such great kids.

    thanks for linking up with Emmy and me.

    ReplyDelete