Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My FHE lists from Conference

Conference weekend was everything I needed to hear and more.  I have started to make my Family Home Evening lists from conference talks given.  I truly feel that the messages given during these meetings are pure revelation from God. Important things that can only bring us true happiness. I sat down and made my list of subjects I plan on teaching. I thought I would share them in case others get stuck on what lesson they should teach. I hope it helps if that is the case.  I know making this list impressed me on how many topics they really did touch.

My list...
          The Articles of Faith * I plan on doing one a month till we all know, or in my case, remember them :) *
          Forgiveness... forgiving others and ourselves.  Letting go of past hurts
          Repentance
          God answers and hears our prayers.... with many examples and shared testimonies
          Praying for and loving our enemies/the hungry/the suffering/ the poor in spirit and heart
          Do Not ENVY or COVET
         Service....  not only teach a lesson but incorporate it weekly in our life/doing not asking
         Purpose of this life... the Plan of Salvation
         Being Grateful... Gratitude... for more than just things... our eyes/ears/bodies/health...etc
         The Worth of a Soul
         Bearing other's burdens... helping others know they are NOT ALONE
         Living Righteously.... teaching/praying/lifting/ healing/etc...
         The Importance of FAMILY and the bonds with in our home
          Removing Fear and replacing it with Faith
          How the Savior sees each of us
          Partaking the sacrament and finding more meaning in it
          Journal writing the sacred things in our lives and keeping sacred things sacred *what that means*
          Does my life reflect the Savior? if not... what needs to be done... what can I change?
          Being of good cheer
          Being spiritually engaged in the gospel not just physically
          Understanding the Deity, who they are and what that means to me
          Living Faithfully to ordinances and covenants  I have and will make
          Missionary work... setting goals on being a missionary and bring the gospel to others
          Great examples in OUR *family* lives of people who are living the gospel  righteously...
          Sacrifices/service : understanding our part
          Enduring to the end
          Remembering WHO WE ARE
          Sewing in spirit: Our thoughts/ words/ actions/ lifting us to a higher place/ do my actions place me on the Lord's side?
          Revelation.... yes we too can receive it
          Scripture reading and likening them in our lives
          Staying physically healthy enables us to understand more spiritually and is treating our bodies like a temple.
          Gospel Principles :  there are 27 of them I have from a book that I will try to teach individually as well :)
           Becoming a people of  one heart, one mind, one purpose.
 
We have made it a goal as a family this year to strive to do Family Home Evening every week this year. In the past we struggled to do it, but this year we have really done well, only missing a couple times.  We have seen the blessings of doing family home evening. 
 The Blessings of Family Home Evening are as followed.....
 1. There will be love at home.
 2. Children will be obedient to their parents
 3. Faith will be in the hearts of the youth
 4. We will be able to gain the power to combat the evil temptations and evil influences that beset us daily.

      As Elder Ballard said in this last conference , " The most important work we will ever do will be within the walls of your home." *that was how I wrote it in my notebook when I took notes, might not be exact wording but close*

     I am excited to have this list. I know it will teach my children the things the Lord wants them to know and learn, in order to become truly happy and full of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment