Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I've Fallen...

 Had an embarrassing experience this last Sunday at church.... I bought these fantastic high heels for Easter... and I have this horribly large, heavy bag full of things to help keep the kiddo's quiet during sacrament.  I was getting up in Relief Society, on these fabulous heels, I threw my huge bag up on my shoulder and that was enough to completely throw me down on the floor. FEET OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND ALL! CRASH! BUMP! *Everyone GASPING* ARE YOU OK? ... my response, "I AM FINE , THANKS." *thinking* Just hurt my pride.

I was thinking about how have I fallen spiritually in the past.... and maybe even a little embarrassed to admit that I had fallen in such a way....

I have been lazy in the past or had fallen in my daily scripture reading...
I have been guilty of falling off the family prayer wagon....
I have been guilty of falling off the family home evening wagon...
I have been guilty of falling off the going to church wagon
Fallen off the list of being visit taught and visit teaching wagon...
I have been guilty in falling off the friend wagon too... times where I just didn't want to talk to anyone *probably depressed*

I am thankful I haven't fallen off any more wagons *things I should have been doing* in life than those listed.

But falling or having fallen doesn't make it so we can't get back up and try again. That's what TOMORROW is all about.... :) Its a new day, fresh start... a way to pick ourselves up and line up our lives in the order we need it to be to find great joy and happiness.


Those things I listed would of greatly embarrassed me if someone had found out at church. People  who I felt had it together or did it all right. *better than me, anyway.... we all compare ourselves to others.*

We are human... and I will be honest. I have not been perfect in all the things I should have done... but I have always continued to try and stand back up.

I think I have heard one too many times from others, its too hard to do it all... I don't have time to do these things.... I can't do everything.... I can't keep up as it is..
So many different reasons why to NOT do these things.... so many excuses.
Its easy to be of the world and use an excuse to get out of doing it.

I think the best thing I ever did for myself was examine who I associated with and was friends with.
The same goes for our kids ... if they have friends who do drugs, chances are they will do drugs... if they have good church going friends, then chances are they will go to church and be good.

So I dismissed people in my life who were not examples of who I wanted to be... people who wouldn't help me stand up and try again... people who would hold me down or push me back. That made a huge difference immediately.

I incorporated one thing at a time back into my life... I wasn't perfect at doing it...but I strived to do it to my best ability.

Isaiah 28:13

" But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;"

 I believe that means one thing at a time.... 

Mosiah 4:27

 "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order"

Its like anything in life... be careful to not over do it... or we will fall again... crash and burn out. 

 I try to evaluate my life often and see if I have things in the priority that I should. I do find from time to time, I fall and slip back into old habits. I fall and get caught up in a list of things to do that are not as important to me as the list above should be. I  think we are allowed to slip and fall, but no matter how many times we might fall, we should always just get back up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad I didn't have to perform CPR on you. Every time I see someone go down that's what I prepare myself for now, lol. BTW, you fell gracefully, no reason for embarrassment any longer.

    I wish my list was that short. I've fallen off many wagons before. I guess that's part of our learning process. I enjoyed your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, I am glad you were ready and willing to help me :) At least I know, You got my back :) thanks for being too kind. It kinda is funny to think about and I actually went home laughing about it with my kids, who so lovingly all said, "I WISH I SAW THAT AND WAS THERE" got so much support can't tell ya LOL :)
    I enjoy your blog! thanks for stopping by mine

    ReplyDelete