Friday, September 28, 2012

The good old days

  I have thought alot about my ancestors... how they did their day to day things that they had to do in order survive. In order to eat daily. I am starting to think I need to prepare for that day to come again. Do I sound like a nut? Well I believe that things are going to get harder not easier in the near future. I believe that some of us won't be able to afford gas, or heat... forget air conditioning. I believe we will be living under very different circumstances.  I believe our government is going to fall so badly that we will all be left to survive, just like our ancestors did once.
  So I have decided to try to make everything from scratch, better organize my time with my chores, children and exercise. I am thinking everything from scratch has to taste better, will be healthier for us. I want to make mistakes now not when its really important and I need to know how then. I want to see if I can incorporate my children into helping. 
Anyhow.... I have been sick... I have a sore throat that I am praying won't turn into strep. I haven't had much energy to physically do anything but I do have a lot of time to think and these were the thoughts that ran thru my head... along with a huge list of supplies I want to start collecting for such events.  Candles, oil for lamps, food, water, batteries, flash lights, animal food. You name it. We started our food storage a while back, I would say I have maybe 5 to 6 months worth of food for our family of 11. That is a lot of food, but I want to continue my progress till I feel confident I have a years worth :)   
   Food storage, water storage and ways to cook without power has been on my mind strong.  I have even thought about adding diapers and wipes to my pile because I have a grand baby coming.  I want to always have everything my family *children* need even after they are married. We will survive way better in hard times if we all come together and work together :) Its my hope my home is every one's safe haven :)
    I know that my ancestors were physically stronger than I am. Its my goal to become stronger, to work even harder every day so that I FALL into my bed at night. I am not trying to focus on weight...just getting healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment