Friday, June 15, 2012

12 years ago on June 14th 2000, my first son was born.... :)       Oh how we were so thrilled. We had waited so many years for a son.
As he has grown and made great choices like getting baptised and complete his faith in God...

 I sit here and am in awe over the thought that there will be another priesthood holder in my family. :) What a blessing! As I sat and pondered this, I got really emotional. I am listening to all the people that he is asking to be apart of this special moment and blessing, and my heart ached for a moment... MY FATHER WON'T BE THERE! HE CAN'T ASK MY FATHER!  What a time in our life, a very special and important moment... and my Father won't be there. How my heart ached for a moment... I called my Mom and cried... I know that he will be there in spirit..but how I wish, OH HOW I WISH that he could be here physically. How I  wish I could hear his sweet voice and watch his face as he sees his grandson receive the priesthood.  How proud I know he would be and I am sure is in heaven.

I am so thankful that my son is a worthy young man...with great goals that he has set for himself. He has been such a fun baby, toddler and child.... and now he will be a great young man to enjoy. :) I am excited for his future... I already miss his younger years but so enjoying the here and the now!

I am excited for Sunday, and I know I will be really emotional.  I am so proud of him. I am so thankful to the Lord for him. I am so blessed to have such an amazing son.

1 comment:

  1. I love Jaden. What a great young man. He always reminds me of my boys were younger, opening doors for people coming to church. He is so handsome too. Do you ever just want to keep staring at him, lol. Congrats on another priesthood holder. I love having more than just my husband and watching their growth in the priesthood. I was thrilled this last semester when Kalten facebook messaged me to say he'd just given his first blessing and what a cool experience it was. That was a good day for me too. jaden will grow up to be a wonderful priesthood holder,, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete